My buddy @bean2run just put a call out for quick veg meals. Thought I’d do a quick roundup post of a few of my favorites and ones I’ve bookmarked to try.
My two favorite vegan recipe websites are http://www.chefchloe.com/ and http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/ I spend lots of time pouring over their wonderful recipes during my commute, usually when I’m at my hungriest. Oh, and Chloe has a new book out Chloe’s Kitchen – highly recommend it! Tons of simple easy tasty vegan recipes. My only other cookbook is Vegan Vittles, tried and true.
- Chef Chloe’s vegan mac n cheese http://chefchloe.com/entrees/vegan-mac-n-cheese.html (tried and true recipe, takes me 30 minutes start to eating)
- Chef Chloe’s avocado pesto pasta http://chefchloe.com/entrees/avocado-pesto-pasta.html (I’ve been drooling over this recipe for MONTHS but still haven’t made it, not sure why)
- Happy Healthy Life’s easy sweet potato veggie burger http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2012/02/easy-sweet-potato-veggie-burgers-with.html (haven’t tried yet but this has gotten consistently awesome reviews)
- Mock tuna salad (yum yum YUM!) http://happyherbivore.com/recipe/mock-tuna-salad/
I haven’t made anything from this site but The Vegan Stoner is all about simple fast & vegan! http://theveganstoner.com/
Isa’s been rocking out vegan recipes for years: http://www.theppk.com/
Happy Herbivore: http://happyherbivore.com/
Not dindin but my newest favorite dessert is posted on Happy Healthy Life – easy 5 ingredient peanut butter pudding: http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2012/04/easy-vegan-peanut-butter-pudding.html
Other random thoughts/suggestions:
- homemade pizza (even mini english muffin pizzas)
- breakfast for dinner (pancakes, tofu scramble)
- spaghetti marinara
- veg sloppy joes (corn is my favorite side dish)
- soup (carrot curry is a favorite of mine, quick and easy)
- burritos/beans & rice/sweet potato burritos
- Indian (dal & rice – lentils or chickpeas)
- veg meatloaf
- tempeh fajitas
Cheers, and happy veg cooking!